Connector Appliance Active Directory Multi-Domain Resiliency ImprovementsSend us your feedback about this article
Following on from General Availability of the active directory multi-domain functionality on Connector Appliances, a set of improvements have been identified to improve the resiliency of the Connector Appliance with AD.
- Failover if unable to reach DC/GC when building LDAP connection
- ConnApp currently finds the closest DC/GC when booting. If it is later not able to connect to this DC/GC the request currently fails. Instead it should failover to the next closest.
- Detect new domains or the recovery of domains which were unavailable when joining the forest
- When joining a forest the ConnApp ignores all domains which are unavailable. If these domains later recover, the connector should serve for these too. Similarly if a new domain is added to the same forest it should also serve for the new one.
- Updating to latest libraries
- Other testing and bugfixes